Business Relationship Management Simulation
Grab@Pizza – The path to becoming a strategic partner to the business.
Increase the Performance of your Business through the creation of a high performing IT department that goes beyond service provider and becomes a strategic partner
Your team runs the IT department of one of the World’s largest Pizza companies. Your task is to support the business with excellent IT products and services. The market is highly competitive which forces your Business to design new products, develop powerful marketing and sales initiatives and develop a high level of operating excellence with a fast, low cost, high quality order and delivery process. IT plays an important role in enabling the business to achieve its strategic aims.
Your challenge in this Business Relationship Management (BRM) simulation is to align yourself with business demands and organize your IT capabilities in such a way that the Business can achieve its targets for lowering operational costs, increasing revenue and market share, and increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty.
During this one day interactive workshop you will play 6 rounds. Each round represents one month in the lifecycle of Grab@Pizza. In each round you will need to:
- Analyze the current performance of your IT Infrastructure and organization;
- Identify the Business requirements and demands for IT solutions;
- Make decisions about resources, workload and priorities;
- Calculate the IT costs for this round and make investment decisions;
- Plan Application Development activities and plan the Change Calendar;
- Propose and implement improvements to align IT performance to business needs.
At the end of each round the team will be confronted with the actual performance of the Business in terms of:
- Business Sales figures;
- Business Operating costs;
- Customer satisfaction.
This Business Relationship Management Simulation will teach the participants how to become a High Performance IT department – a strategic partner for the business department. The team(s) will be faced with the need to align their IT capabilities to changing business needs, reflecting the challenges facing many IT organizations. At the end of the simulation you will experience the convergence of the Business and IT.
- How to deliver agreed IT Services with limited resources. Limited in terms of budget and employees.
- How to minimize your IT costs by optimizing people, processes and supporting technology.
- How to use your Supplier effectively.
- How to prioritize IT investments and workload, in terms of Maintenance & Support and Innovation & Development.
- How to translate Business Requirements into the required IT Services.
- How to plan application development activities, prioritize the projects/changes planned on the Change Calendar.
- How to minimize potential business risks threats to continuity caused by poor availability, capacity and security of the IT services.
- How to realize and demonstrate business value.
This Business Relationship Management Simulation will teach the group how to deploy the People,Process, Product and Partner capabilities to create a strategic partner.
Trackback from your site.