ITIL® Release, Control and Validation
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification – Release, Control and Validation course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Release, Control and Validation of services and service delivery.
This course is delivered as 5 Full Days in an Instructor Led Online format.
The main focus of this course is on the operational-level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment. This course is designed using an engaging case study-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
Candidates must hold an ITIL Foundation Certificate (v3 or 2011) or an ITIL Foundation Bridge Certificate.
At the end of this course, the student will gain competencies in:
- Understanding the importance of Release, Control and Validation in the context of the Service Lifecycle.
- The processes, methods, organization, roles and common activities related to the in-scope Release, Control and Validation processes.
- Technology and implementation considerations.
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks.
The processes covered in this course include:
- Change Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Service Validation and Testing
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Knowledge Management
- Request Fulfilment
- Change Evaluation
This course has mandatory 30 contact hours as well as a recommendation of completing 12 hours of self-study prior to starting the course.
There is a minimum class size of 6 students and a maximum class size of 18 students.
Two official sample exams will be provided during the course.
The following link will take you to the official ITIL Release, Control and Validation Qualification Syllabus:
ITIL Release, Control and Validation Syllabus
The following requirements must be met in order to participate in online training:
- All online sessions will be delivered through Adobe Connect.
- Students require access to a fast and reliable internet connection and a headset and microphone. All audio will be run through your computer, Voice-over-IP, as there is no dial-in option for this training.
- Test your connection here. All of the tests must pass. Your local IT department should be able to assist with installing Flash and the Adobe Connect plug-in if there are any difficulties.
- All sessions are mandatory.
The exam is 90 minutes long and consists of 8 multiple choice questions worth a maximum of 5 marks each. Students must get 28 (70%) or more to pass the exam.
A computer-based certification exam is included with the registration. Students will be provided with an exam voucher that will allow them to take the exam at their convenience through a web-based exam proctor within 30 days of the completion of the course. Students will require access to a webcam and high speed internet connection.
Students are required to pre-read and bring to class the following ITIL Service Management Practices Core Lifecycle publication:
ITIL Service Transition – 2011 Edition
Please contact our office if you are looking to purchase the above publication.
Upcoming Dates and Prices for ITIL Release, Control and Validation
Below is a list of all upcoming ITIL Release, Control and Validation courses.
|Location||Dates||Price exc. TAX||Status|
|Online (8:30 am - 4:30 pm Mountain Time)||2,495.00 CAD||
Online (8:30 am - 4:30 pm Mountain Time)
2,495.00 CAD exc. TAX
Register Now » Available
|Register Now » Available|
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The ITIL® Accredited Training Organization logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.