Lean IT Foundation
Service Management Art offers the Lean IT Association – Lean IT Foundation course that immerses the student in the principles of Lean Management for IT.
This course is delivered in a 4 Half Day Instructor Led Online format.
The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of Lean IT to support a Lean initiative within an IT organization.
The target group for the Lean IT Foundation course is:
- IT Business Partners
- Business Relationship Managers
- IT Management
- Team Leads
- IT Specialists
- Anyone involved in a value chain where IT is a supporting element
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Upon completion of the education and examination related to this qualification, the successful candidate will be familiar with the principles of the Lean philosophy and in particular with the application of this philosophy within an IT-environment. This includes:
- The principles underlying the Lean philosophy.
- The importance of understanding and delivering customer value.
- The way Lean looks at processes and the waste within them.
- How to measure performance and the key determinants of performance.
- What the organizational requirements are when implementing Lean, including the use of visual management tools.
- The DMAIC problem-solving model.
- Which behaviour and attitude is necessary for Lean to be successful within an IT organization.
- How these Lean principles can be applied within an organization
This course has 12 hours of instruction not including breaks, evening study time and the final exam.
There is a minimum class size of 6 students and a maximum class size of 25 students.
One official sample exam will be provided during the course.
The following link will take you to the official Lean IT Foundation Syllabus:
Lean IT Foundation Syllabus
The following requirements must be met in order to participate in online training:
- All online sessions will be delivered through Adobe Connect.
- Students require access to a fast and reliable internet connection and a headset and microphone. All audio will be run through your computer, Voice-over-IP, as there is no dial-in option for this training.
- Test your connection here. All of the tests must pass. Your local IT department should be able to assist with installing Flash and the Adobe Connect plug-in if there are any difficulties.
- All sessions are mandatory.
The exam is 60 minutes long and consists of 40 multiple choice questions. You must get 26 (65%) or more of the questions correct to pass the exam.
A computer-based certification exam is included with the registration. Students will be provided with an exam voucher that will allow them to take the exam at their convenience through a web-based exam proctor within 30 days of the completion of the course. Students will require access to a webcam and high speed internet connection.
The following publication is mandatory for the Lean IT Foundation training:
Lean IT Foundation Publication and Glossary
Authors: Niels Loader, Jeroen Janssen
Free download available here
Additional recommended reading is further described in the course syllabus.
Upcoming Dates and Prices for Lean IT Foundation
Below is a list of all upcoming Lean IT Foundation courses. You can filter by location to narrow your search.
|Location||Dates||Price exc. TAX||Status|
|4 Online Sessions (9 am - Noon Eastern Time US)||1,195.00 USD||
4 Online Sessions (9 am - Noon Eastern Time US)
1,195.00 USD exc. TAX
Register Now » Available
|Register Now » Available|